My friend Susie and I were talking the other day about how she obsesses over having a crochet project with her at all times. She said, “Tamara I think I’m addicted to crochet.” We talked a little more about it and then we laughed, but when she left I started asking myself these questions:
- What’s the first thing that you think of when you wake up in the morning? Do you think about the crochet project that you left undone the night before? I would have to say yes, I do.
- What’s the first thing you think about grabbing as you are leaving the house? Is it several projects and all your hooks? I would have to say yes, I do. (I’m always afraid that if I don’t take several projects, I’ll finish one and then I will have extra time that I will have idol hands.)
- Do you crochet on a project until the last minute before rushing out the door to go to work? I would have to say yes I do.
- Do you rush through your lunchtime meal in order to have the most amount of your hour left to crochet on that exciting project that you started the night before, and crochet up until the last few seconds of your lunch hour and sometimes you’re almost or have been late to allow the person at the front desk to take their lunch break? I would have to say yes, I’m guilty.
- Do you seek out small or large groups of people that like to crochet so that you can be inspired by them and just talk about crochet? I would have to say yes I do.
- Do you spend hours upon hours on the computer seeking out inspiration for your next crochet project and then can’t remember half the websites you have visited? I would have to say yes I do.
- You get all antsy and grouchy if you haven’t crocheted all day. I am so guilty on this one and I would say yes I do.
I know there are more than 7 instances of me being addicted to my crochet hobby; but I can’t remember all of them all at once, so let’s not go there.
Ok, here’s what my hobby (addiction) has produced in the last two days:
two cute earflap hats,
One KU Jayhawks earflap hat, two washcloths (sorry, no picture of the washcloths because I needed to continue to crochet)
I did stop crocheting long enough to create this cool order form and worked 2-8 hour shifts at my real job. I had to create the new order form for the crocheted hats because…….
I got orders for 11 more yesterday. I’m still not sure whether this crochet thing is an addiction or hobby but all I know is that I have to crochet. Which one do you think it is? This was taken from an original post that was written on November 16, 2011.
No matter how hard I try I can’t seem to kick this crochet addiction even on this November 16, 2016. How about you? What is your craft addiction?